Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yeah Oh Shit! (Bridesmaids Review)

Words cannot even begin to describe just how much I love this movie! Well maybe since I’ve already seen it three times, that should be reason enough for you to know just how much I love this movie! In honor of the six wonderful members of the bride’s side of the bridal party, here are the six reasons why I freakin’ LOOOOOVE Bridesmaids!

6.) Jon Hamm is a dick!
I’m used to admiring him from the comfort of my own home, seeing the dapper Jon Hamm as Don Draper in one of my favorite shows Mad Men. He’s fierce, tough, and determined when he wants to be, but he’s always so smooth, suave, and sophisticated. What I loved the most about him was getting to see him play such a rude asshole! Even through all of that, I still found myself in love with him!
“This is so awkward. I really want you to leave, but I don't know how to say it without sounding like a dick!”

5.) Annie’s sibling roommates
Matt Lucas and Rebel Wilson who play Gil and Brynn…THANK YOU! I love British and Australian humor so much! They are both hilarious, especially since I’m such a huge fan of Matt Lucas from his Little Britain days! They’re both so odd and hilarious at the same time, I can’t help but smile anytime they utter something ridiculous. But it’s Rebel Wilson who really shines the most, whether it’s the frozen peas she pours on her back to soothe her free tattoo, or her stupid remarks about her roommate!
 
“At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad handwritten book.”
But right now, please enjoy the best of Matt Lucas from Fat Fighters!

4.) The gross-out humor
For once, can we all just get past the remarks about how shocking it is that these women are funny? Of course they’re funny!!! Move past the male version of The Hangover remarks and appreciate the fact that women are just natural when it comes to comedy (and in more ways than one, they’re often funnier than the men!) Want some proof that women can be funny and gross just like the boys? All you have to do is sit through the dress-fitting scene…enough said!
“You know, I don’t care which dress we get. I just need to get off this white carpet!”

3.) The chemistry
They come from different walks of life: Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph from their kick-ass performances on SNL, Rose Byrne from her amazing role on Damages, Wendi McLendon-Covey from the hilarious Reno-911, Melissa McCarthy from her amazing, show-stealing roles in shows like Samantha Who and Mike & Molly, and Elie Kempler from her sweet but doe-eyed role on The Office.
They all come together with this amazing chemistry, their dynamite deliveries, and their ability to churn out laugh after laugh! From the dress-fitting, to the plane ride to Vegas, and everything in between, the back-and-forth between them all is what drives the movie!

“You’re more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine!”

2.) (KWL) Kristen Wiig Live
It’s about time that Kristen Wiig takes some time in the spotlight (aside from SNL, which she already owns all her own). Her delivery is without doubt incredible, her comedic timing is always on point, and her hilarious characters have me begging for more. But finally in this film, we get all of that wrapped around in a well-rounded character! Her honesty, her instincts, everything about Annie that Wiig brings to the performance is what makes her shine the most. Whether it’s a simple stare without talking, falling for an adorable cop, or getting drugged up on a plane, Kristen Wiig has stolen my heart!
“It’s called Civil Rights. It’s the 90’s.”

1.) Melissa McCarthy (Megan)
You didn’t think I forgot about my favorite part with Melissa McCarthy, did you?!!!
I was never a big Gilmore Girls fan, but I first got a taste for McCarthy in Samantha Who. She’s a sweet, adorable best friend in almost everything she plays, and it was great to see this manly, tough side to her with her take-no-prisoners attitude in life as Megan. Melissa McCarthy has a serious pair of balls, and boy does she prove it! From her conversation about a dolphin looking right into her God-damn soul, to stealing 9 puppies from the bridal shower, Melissa McCarthy had me cracking up constantly. She may have a starring role now on the show Mike and Molly, but I’m waiting for the time when she gets the Kristen Wiig treatment and gets to star in her own movie!

“I want to apologize. I’m not even confident on which end that came out of.”


From what I've seen so far on my summer movie list, here's the ranking from best to worst:
1.) Super 8 (A+)
2.) Bridesmaids (A+)
3.) Mr. Popper's Penguins (B+)
4.) The Hangover 2 (C)

No comments:

Post a Comment